I’ve learned

a tiny little butterfly, that I thought was a leaf at first

I am constantly learning lessons in life, but over the last year I’ve learned, no integrated, more of those lessons.

I’ve learned

I don’t need a man in my life.  I do just fine fixing things on my own.

I do need my friends, because without them…what’s the point.

Letting go of expectations has freed me up so much and has allowed for all kinds of good things to come in.

Letting go of perfection has done the same thing.

My brothers and sister are pretty darn cool and I love watching them grow into adults.

I don’t want to work a 9-5 job in an office, ever again.

I can tell people about what I think are “crazy” ideas and they don’t think they’re so crazy…and sometimes they want to join me.

People in general are really good…most of the time its just fear that makes them act bad or say mean things.

Things are not always what they appear to be and before judging another person, try walking in their shoes for a little while.

Don’t judge others anyway…it isn’t my place to do so.

Its not about me.

I’ve learned that I am loved by so many people who love me for me and I think that’s pretty darn cool.  Of course I love them right back because, well, they’re pretty darn amazing people!

I am one lucky girl and I am grateful for this life I lead!

This entry was posted in Life Lessons, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to I’ve learned

1. Susannah says:

you are so lovely xoxoxoxo

2. jen gray says:

i admire and love your heart…. xoxoxoxo

3. Meghan says:

Thanks for sharing the lessons. xo

Over the past twenty+ years, I’ve continued to learn how amazing and wonderful you are. Even though this is something I KNOW and don’t necessarily need to LEARN, what is wonderful is that there are always new experiences and deepenings that show me a new facet of YOU.

5. i feel lucky to have crossed your path. if i’ve learned anything in the past year, it is that the most simple of truths become radical manifestos when they become real to us. love your list. xoxo

• Melissa says:

Oh I am so very happy we’ve crossed paths. I love the way you put that “the most simple of truths become radical manifestos when they become real to us.” – that sums it up perfectly!

6. elizabeth says:

I just love this post– I love everything thing about it– how it came into your mind– how you have shared it with us– what it is, what it says, love it– LOVE YOU<–!