Leap of Faith

Today I effectively ‘quit’ my job.  This is weird to say because I work in our family business.  How do you quit your family business?  Well if you no longer feel you’re a fit, then you just make the decision to do it.  Oh yeah like it was that easy.

It’s taken me a long time to make the break.  A few months ago I went part-time (30 hours/week) but that was just an interim step.  I knew I needed to do this but its so much safer to stay.  I mean a guaranteed paycheck, health insurance and other benefits of being in a family business…not so easy to give up.

I don’t have another ‘job’ to go to.  I don’t want to work for someone else.  Its time for me to figure out my path.

Now I’ll have more time to finish my pilates certification and focus my energy on what I really want to do when I grow up.

Its time to take a leap of faith…and just hope the net will appear.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Leap of Faith

I am so happy for you! I know you will rock the world. I am actually in the middle of a new painting I am calling “Leap.” I’ll be sure to think of you as I finish it.

2. Trece says:

Hooray for you!! Yay for courage and pursuit of dreams!! Happy Easter – what a wonderful way to celebrate!

I don’t think it is going to appear. I think it has been there for you the entire time. 🙂

I love you.

4. Congratulations. You are held, friend. You are held. xo

5. Kelly Barton says:

you make me smile. your sense and brave spirit is what i love the most.
    go get em’ girlie!

Wow! What an amazing step you have taken!
    Love you.
    Proud of you.

And I agree with Swirly – the net has been there all along.

7. grace says:

hmmm, what to do, what to do? click clack click clack (that’s your fingers whirling on the keyboard) or what else…..be hired by dear friend to help design a remodel for the kitchen and various other sad unhappy rooms because they are not as lovely as they could be. oh my, then dear friend would shower you with love and affection – mucho smoochos and a check made out to red tutu designs. well, now that that is taken care of, what’s next? oh yes, back to the clickety clacking because there are dozens of peeps to interview in dear friends hometown. i’m just sayin……..so many options because you are the keeper of so many talents and gifts and wonderfulness. oops sorry i started gushing on the page.
    x0x0x0x0x

8. Steph says:

Congratulations Melissa! You are brave and you inspire.