Today is a day we will all remember. I, along with most of you, will never forget where I was on this fateful day. I don’t know about you but I can’t believe its been 10 years. As I reflect on this day, I look back at the past 10 years and what has happened in my life.
- I got divorced
- I moved from PA to NC
- I moved to 6 different homes
- I’ve changed careers, twice
- I’ve had 4 serious relationships (including my failed marriage)
- I’ve attended 5 art retreats
- I’ve adopted a cat
- I’ve made many new friends all over the world
- I’ve watched my brother Scott graduate from high school then college, my sister Kate go off to college, and my brother Michael (pictured above at age 5) outwit me more times than I care to admit.
- I’ve traveled to Alaska and Italy and Costa Rica and Bahamas and California, New Mexico, Arizona, Maine, New Hampshire and many other fun places
- I’ve been to New York many times, including one trip I will never forget in October 2001
- I’ve been to see U2 several times and Eric Clapton, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, Elton John & Billy Joel, Leonard Cohen, Pink Martini, and many more.
Needless to say, a lot has happened!
On this September 11, 2011, while I think about the terrible losses suffered by so many on this day 10 years ago, I also reflect on all of the amazing things that have happened in my life since that day. This isn’t to say I will ever forget what happened (as I’m sure you won’t either), but life moves forward and we move forward. I am looking forward to the next 10 years and wonder what I will be reflecting on this day in 2021. Until then, I will strive to BE in this moment on this day and in each moment moving forward.