No Regrets

Heart in the sky (taken by him)

Heart in the sky (taken by him)

My friend who introduced us said now she’s sorry she did.  I told her please don’t be because I don’t regret one single minute of it.  How could I possibly regret meeting such an amazing man?  I fell in love, why should I regret that?  I truly opened my heart for the first time in 24 years.  I allowed myself to be vulnerable and experienced such joy.  We got along so well and had such great times together.  How could I possibly regret any of it?

Oh don’t get me wrong, I am sad, so very sad.  And heartbroken, oh yes.  But regret is not one of the things I’m feeling.  My heart is still telling me that this is not completely over, that this is not the end of our story.  Right now, he is doing one of the most loving things for himself and I can’t be angry at that.  Of course I wish I was by his side helping him deal with it all but that’s not what he wanted and in the end is probably not the best for either of us.  It hurts, believe me, but I have nothing but love for this man.  He opened my heart and for that I am forever grateful.  I still love him deeply and I can’t imagine that ever changing.  Only time will tell how this story unfolds, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that I will never regret any of it.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to No Regrets

1. Kim Conrad says:

Beautifully said! People are put in our lives for a reason! Hugs to you as you heal and grow!

2. Annais says:

i love you. holding sacred space for you.

Oh dear Melissa. Hugging you from afar and sending you so much love. Xoxo

4. kelly barton says:

xoxo.

5. erin says:

big love on you sweet girl xo

6. Marianne says:

Much love to you. What a big heart you have, beautiful one.

7. Stevie says:

Good for you, Melissa. Regrets are useless. And how could you regret the joy you experienced, too? We’re never immune from hurt. It’s all part of the deal. I think there may be more unfolding of this story, too, but keep moving through it. You deserve nothing less than full commitment.

8. Maura Allard says:

I completely identify. It has been 15 years now since my relationship with him ended, I have no regrets or guilt, the relationship taught me that I was loveable just how I am. It was not an accident we met, it did not turn out like I would have wished, but I will never regret meeting him or having spent time with him. Not everyone understand this, so I’m thankful you posted about it.